Posted on October 19, 2011 by Anne
It’s hard to believe that October is almost over. Once we roll into November, we all have one thing on our minds – the holidays! What do I get my Aunt Sally? What about Grandma Jean? Well, we know we say this all the time, but we really LOVE Aunt Sadie’s candles. Here’s a little background:
Sadie’s nephews took her tried and true recipes, quit their jobs and started making candles. They are independently owned and have their little business in Boston. They make all the candles themselves and then they ship them to us.
All the candles are hand-poured and smell ah-mazing! They’re all wrapped in super-cute paper that completely match the scent of the candle. What’s even better is that they burn for about 70 hours, so one candle will last for a while.
Some of our favorite scents for the Fall and Winter are: Cranberry Orange, Pumpkin Pie, Pine Tree
Filed under: Fragrance, gifts | 1 Comment »
Posted on October 14, 2011 by Anne
Manicures are a treat that most girls don’t want to give up. They’re relaxing and usually last longer than doing your nails at home. Let’s face it though, times are tough and manicures have become a luxury that most of us can only splurge on a couple of times per year. So, why not just treat yourself to a mani at home? Here’s how:
1. Start out with two dishes of warm, soapy water to soak your hands in. Soak for 2-3 minutes.
2. Pat your hands dry with a towel. Use Essie’s Cuticle Pen to soften your cuticles and prepare them for removal or to be pushed back. At this point if you usually clip your cuticles go ahead and do that, if you’d rather not, then just push them back.
3. Now it’s time to exfoliate your hands. Use a nice scrub like One Minute Manicure Spa Treatment where a little goes a long way. Or, if your budget is a little tighter, try Qtica Smart Spa Sugar Scrub.
4. Now it’s time to file. Use your favorite nail file, or if you don’t have one you can get one here. Shape your nails however you’re comfortable, but the “it” shape right now is the Squoval. Square your nails at the top but curve them a bit at the sides to get this hip new shape.
5. Give your hands a little massage using CND’s Scentsations Hand and Body Lotion. When you’re done, wash your hands thoroughly. Use a brush to scrub any excess debris off your nails.
6. Start your mani with a ridge filling base coat like Essie’s Fill the Gap Ridge Smoothing Base Coat or Zoya’s Get Even Ridge Filling Base Coat. Next, paint on two coats of your favorite color. Use Essie’s Corrector Pen to fix any spots where you may have gotten polish on your finger. Finally, use Zoya’s Armor Top Coat to lock in your color. If you’re in a hurry you can use a rapid-dry spray like CND’s Solar Speed Spray.
Will you be trying this trick at home? Do you have any tips? Leave us a comment!
Filed under: Nails | Leave a Comment »
Posted on October 11, 2011 by Anne
Get Fresh has brought back it’s oh-so-popular Blackberry Vanilla Scent in the form of the Warrior Princess line! We’re super excited about this here at BOAS because it’s definitely one of our favorite scents. What’s even better is that the packaging is ultra-girlie, vibrant and just plain pretty. Plus, the Warrior Princess line was designed to give back. Get Fresh is donating a portion of the Warrior Princess proceeds to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project, a wonderful charitable organization that helps our women and men in the military recover from the physical and psychological injuries they sustained while in uniform.
So, when you order some fabulous products you’re also helping out the men and women who defend our country. It’s a win-win situation!
Want other ways to be charitable while you shop? Check out our Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Products!
Filed under: Bath & Body, Fragrance, gifts, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Posted on October 7, 2011 by Anne
Aspen Bay Candles are relatively new to us here at Beauty of a Site, but we can’t seem to get enough of them! The new holiday line smells amazing and the jars are oh-so-cute. Don’t know what benefits a nice smelling candle can give you? The Winter months are cold and dreary and while most of the country is stuck inside, the air in our homes can get a little stale. What better than a refreshing candle to breathe a little freshness into your home? Not only that, but they make great holiday decorations too. Give them as hostess gifts for all the snazzy holiday parties or just as part of your own table setting for those nice dinners coming up.
Here’s our best description of the lovely scents:
From left to right
Currant Candle – A soft floral scent. Great for a background smell that won’t overpower.
Spice Candle – A blend of cinnamon and pumpkin. Perfect for a crisp Fall evening.
Juniper Twig Candle – A soft pine scent reminiscent of a Christmas Tree farm.
Orange Clove Candle – A soft, sweet and citrus-y scent.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Posted on October 4, 2011 by Anne
One thing that we love about October here at Beauty of a Site is the fact that everywhere you turn you are greeted by pink. Even the football players wear pink gloves and cleats! It’s a chance to get all of your favorite products in pretty pink shades. What’s even better than all the pink? The fact that proceeds from these limited edition products goes to Breast Cancer Research. Shopping to help save a life. We’d say that’s a win-win situation.
Here are a few of the many limited edition Pink products that we have in stock:
Essie Raise Awareness Polish – This soft pink shade will go with anything in your closet. It’s feminine and flirty all at the same time.
Pedi-Sox Pinky Pink – Since it’s starting to get a bit chilly out these days, why not take some Pink pedi-sox with you when you get your toes painted with Essie’s Raise Awareness?
Tigi Bed Head Epic Cares Duo – Get your va-va-voom locks with this Volume Shampoo and Conditioner Duo.
Tigi Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray - Hold the volume that the Epic Cares Duo gave your tresses with this strong hold hairspray.
It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Conditioner – We all know that the cooler months leave our hair just a bit more dry. Try this leave-in conditioner to add some shine to your hair too.
There you have it, just a few of our favorite products to help fund Breast Cancer Research. Click here to browse our full inventory.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »