Posted on December 13, 2012 by Anne
If you’re like me, you aspire to give gifts each year that are meaningful and specific to the person you’re shopping for. This Christmas the goal is to give a gift that is useful, enjoyable and most importantly, affordable!
For those of us with the best of intentions in our gift-giving, Kai has come to our rescue! The new Kai Travel Gift Set is a ready-to-go ideal customized gift!This six-piece travel set includes lavish body wash, luxurious bathing bubbles, soothing body lotion, a vial of Kai’s signature perfume, and two of Kai’s newest products (shampoo & conditioner).
For those new to Kai, this travel set is the perfect sampler! The best part about Kai products is that the scent smells different on every person! This gift is automatically customized to the person you give it to! Top it off with the very handy and reusable hemp bag, and you’ll be giving the most useful, thoughtful, and customized gift of the season!
Did I mention that Kai fans include Julia Roberts, Jennifer Garner, Charlize Theron and Reese Witherspoon. These celebs indulge in Kai… why wouldn’t this be the perfect gift?
Kai Travel Gift Set: $49 | Shop Now!
Filed under: Bath & Body, Celebrity Style, Fragrance, gifts, Holiday 2012, Kai, Skin Care | Leave a Comment »
Posted on October 4, 2012 by Anne
So we think this is pretty cool, Alto Bella has created an environmentally friendly mens line called Alto Bella ME, and these products contain naturally derived ingredients. Me Men’s Hair Product Line pledges to have searched the world to find the best raw natural or naturally derived ingredients to create 100% naturally derived products.
Lets face it, most beauty care companies target women, and we think that’s unfair! We want our men to feel, smell and look good, and what better way to make that happen than with a natural product line that is not only easy on the wallet but on the conscience!
We love the All in 1 Shampoo, Body Wash and Shave cream! Men are simple creatures, they want things to be convenient and easy, and this product fits the bill! Gift this item to your guy so that he can take it with him to the gym, home, or on overnights wherever he might go! Now he doesn’t have any excuse for that BO because he “just got back from the gym”!
$15-$16 dollars/bottle! Start shopping!
Filed under: Alto Bella, Bath & Body, gifts, Hair, haircare, Mens line, New Products, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Posted on July 24, 2012 by Anne
The first 25 people to purchase will receive a FREE Kai sample size perfume oil!
Enjoy the fresh scent of Kai now available in their new shampoo & conditioner! Kai’s signature fragrance is a favorite among celebrities such as Opra, Ellen, and now this new line for hair has vogue.com buzzing!
Kai shampoo: This advanced formula combines moisturizing argan oil with strengthening glycolic acid, leaving hair feeling healthy, soft, shiny & subtly kai-scented, shampoo and conditioner safe for all hair types including chemically or color treated hair!
Kai conditioner: Infused with vitamin e & shea butter, Kai’s vitamin-rich conditioner has a special blend of argan oil & glycolic acid to reconstruct & deeply hydrate, leaving hair soft, silky, frizz-free & subtly kai-scented.
Finally this sought after duo is available for purchase! Go have a hard work out at the gym, then flood your senses with the light and clean scent of Kai post work out! Whether you are working out, at home or on vacation, Kai is always a great accessory to any shower routine!
All Kai products are paraben, sulfate, phthalate & phosphate free as well as cruelty free with recyclable packaging made in the USA!
Filed under: Bath & Body, Celebrity Style, gifts, Hair, haircare, Kai, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Posted on May 3, 2012 by Anne
Summer Skin Care Tips
Brought to you by Ada Polla – CEO Alchimie Forever
While the first official day of summer is still almost two months away, as I sit in my hotel room in Miami (taking a quick break from the amazing Tuff Love Aveda / Neill hair show taking place this weekend) and watch the people lying out by the pool, the topic of summer skin care comes to mind.
My mother always told me that the change of seasons was the perfect excuse to do a deep cleaning of my house, more specifically of my closets. My father, on the other hand, always told me the change of seasons was the perfect time to take another look at my skin care products and skin care routine and adapt it accordingly.
How do late spring and summer affect our skin? Of course, sunburns come to mind. Sweating, heat rashes, and clogged pores are also typical concerns of warm weather skin care. Sunshine and higher temperatures also mean dresses, shorts, sleeveless tops, open toed shoes and flip flops…. Here is how I deal with warm weather skin:
- I switch to a gel-based cleanser. My skin type is pretty normal, and as is typical, I am dryer during the winter months and oilier during the warmer months. To get rid of all traces of sweat and to avoid clogged pores, I love a “squeaky clean” feel, and our Excimer purifying gel cleanser is perfect for that.
- I take cooler showers. Really, hot water, while delightful and relaxing, is not great for the skin, in any season. In warmer months, I find it easier to enjoy slightly cooler water, which is great to tighten pores, stimulate circulation (my Mom swears it is her daily cold showers that have given her her cellulite-free legs…), and give my hair some added shine.
- I make sure to exfoliate regularly, both face and body. I find that regular (aka twice weekly) exfoliation helps to keep my blackheads under control, and actually ensure a longer, more even sun-kissed look. While I don’t use self-tanner, exfoliation is indeed crucial prior to applying tanning lotion, to ensure it goes on smoothly and avoid streaks.
- I switch to a lighter moisturizer. Whether I am in DC or in New Orleans, there is plenty of moisture in the air starting April. While humidity can be awful for hair, it truly is wonderful for skin. Skin will absorb some of the moisture in the air, and as such, most skin types can benefit from a lighter moisturizer during the warmer months. Our Yttrium protective morning cream is particularly ideal and leaves a very matte finish on the skin.
- Sunscreen is a must. Indeed, while sunscreen is a must every day, it is a MUST when out by the beach, the pool, or the river. My father always recommended SPF 50+ on the face and body, and until we develop our own sunscreen, his favorite is LaRoche Posay’s Anthelios. He also taught me to avoid the sun between 11 am and 3 pm, and to be particularly careful when in the water, as sun gets reflected and is then twice a dangerous.
- Don’t forget your lips – they too are prone to sunburn. Whatever sunscreen you apply on the face, don’t avoid your lips or lip contours. And make sure you use a lip balm that contains an SPF.
- Don’t forget your eyes – sunglasses will help protect your eyes from the sun, and will help prevent squinting, which leads to wrinkles.
- Shorter dresses and arm-bearing tops mean that I am particularly conscious of my body. Our Alexandrite firming gel for neck and bust, and our Q-switch optimizing body contour gel take care of my upper and lower body respectively, preventing sagging and minimizing cellulite. Of course, a couple extra sessions of Barre3 will help more than any product…
- For many, summer means more frequent shaving. If you experience post-shaving irritation or ingrown hairs, remember to shave only after you have been in the shower for a few minutes (your hairs will be softer), to change your blade often, to exfoliate, and to shave with a cream-based product (shaving cream or hair conditioner work best).
- Don’t forget your feet – for me, open-toed shoes mean more frequent pedicures, but also dryer feet and the propensity to cracked heels. I use our 532nm antioxidant relief for hands and feet religiously every evening.
- Last but not least, hydrate from the inside out. With warmer weather comes more sweating, which means it is doubly important to drink those recommended 8 glasses of water per day. Emergen-C in my water helps it go down better…
Finally, my father always reminded me not only of what to do, but also of what not to do during the summer. Avoid photo-sensitizing products such as retinols (or use them less frequently), avoid laser treatments on tanned skin, and avoid stronger peels on tanned skin.
Happy bathing suit season!
Filed under: Alchimie, Alchimie Forever, Bath & Body, gifts, Health, Skin Care, Spring 2012, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Posted on February 15, 2012 by Anne
This week, Ada Polla, the owner of Alchimie Forever skincare, is our guest blogger! Read below for her expert tips to keeping your skin bright and nourished year-round!
While it is 60 degrees in Washington, DC today, it was in the 20s last week, and my skin is feeling it. While I love winter, my skin doesn’t. If you are like me, you might be experience excessive dryness, flakiness, discomfort, roughness, itchiness, and redness. Over the years, I have learned some useful tips to help my skin remain calm, bright, and nourished, regardless of the outdoor temperatures. I hope these help your skin too!
- Switch to a cream-based cleanser. Every step in your skin care routine should be about moisture and nourishment, including your cleansing step. Switch away from your gel cleansers, to a nice milky, creamy cleanser (like our Alchimie Forever Excimer gentle cream cleanser, my personal favorite).
- No matter the cold outside, avoid showers or baths that are very hot. Hot water will break down the skin’s natural lipids and leave it even dryer. Limit your bath or shower to 5 minutes, and never leave the house with wet hair (your scalp will thank you!).
- Switch to a heavier moisturizer. Even if you are combination or oilier in the summertime, your skin needs extra nourishment during the colder months. The best-selling of our three moisturizers between November and March is always our Kantic+ intensely nourishing cream.
- If even with a cream cleanser and a more hydrating cream your skin is still uncomfortable, dull, and dry, add in a cream moisture mask, and leave it on for as long as you can. I am applying our Kantic brightening moisture mask almost on a daily basis these days…
- Combat the air’s dryness with a good humidifier. A low-cost alternative is to place a bowl of water in the rooms you spend most time in. As the water slowly evaporates, it will add moisture to the air.
- Give your hands a hand! Never go out in to the cold without gloves. (And avoid wool as it is so rough or cotton, which traps moisture; my favorite gloves are in cashmere). Apply your favorite hand cream frequently, at least following every time your hands are in water. (In case you are wondering, I keep my 532nm antioxidant relief for hands and feet everywhere at home and in the office, even in my car).
- Watch for over-exfoliation. In particular if you are experience flakiness, do not pick. Avoid strong grainy scrubs, look for nourishing, gentle, exfoliators, such as our Excimer+ gentle antioxidant refining scrub.
- Take care of your lips. Don’t lick them, and don’t pick at them if they are chapped. Keep soothing lip balms in your purse, car, and desk drawer, and reapply as necessary (I don’t believe reapplying makes your lips get addicted to your lip balm…)
- Don’t forget sunscreen. Even if the sun is not shining, and you are not in a bathing suit, those pesky UV rays are still attacking your skin. Remember also that sun is double strong when reflected on snow, so up your SPF before hitting the slopes.
- Last but not least, remember beauty is internal too. Hydrate with calming teas, and eat “clean and green.” This is true year round of course, but somehow I always have an easier time drinking water and eating salads when my closet is full of dresses and short skirts…
Filed under: Bath & Body, Organic & Natural, Vitamins & Nutrients | Tagged: Alchimie Forever, cleanser, daily, moisturizer, skincare, tips | Leave a Comment »
Posted on February 7, 2012 by Anne
We absolutely love when our products are featured in magazines — to let the world know about the beauty tools we love best! This month, our recently added line Alchimie Forever was featured in Shape Magazine.
Alchimie Forever Q-Switch Optimizing Body Contour Gel is a toning and slimming gel for your hips, thighs and buttocks. As Shape brags:
…To send the puckers [of your skin] packing (at least temporarily), start by applying [this] lotion that contains a diuretic agent such as theophylline or caffeine; it acts like shrink-wrap to tighten skin for a few hours.
To get your own skin-tightening body gel, Click Here! The only thing to lose is that dimpled mattress look on your skin!
Filed under: Bath & Body | Tagged: Alchimie Forever, as seen in the press, body contour, contour gel, hips thighs, Shape Magazine, skin firming gel, skin firming lotion, skin tightening lotion, slimming gel | Leave a Comment »
Posted on January 6, 2012 by Anne
Run away! You’ve just finished the busy holidays. You’ve cooked for ten (twice), you’ve shopped, wrapped and delivered a million Christmas gifts, and you’ve kept your house clean for three successive weeks while everyone under the sun came to visit. You’ve planned a well-attended New Year’s Eve party, cleaned up the whole mess, prepped your kids to return to school and now….
Not all of us get to take a vacation in the middle of January, but you can come VERY close. Try Not Soap, Radio’s “I’m Not Here” body soufflé collection! Each soufflé features a different vacation destination or happy place to which you can retreat:
I’m Not Here… I’m Really Walking the Red Carpet!
I’m Not Here… I’m Really at the Country Club!
I’m Not Here… I’m Really Island Hopping
I’m Not Here… I’m Really Lounging Poolside at a Beachfront Resort!
I’m Not Here… I’m Really on Holiday in Tuscany!
… and many more!
Each themed, fragranced, body soufflé is composed of luxurious ingredients that nourish your skin, clear your head and help you escape and relax. Treat yourself to something extra special this January! For this month only, each soufflé is on sale ($5 off!) for $17. Our gift to you!
Filed under: Bath & Body | Tagged: body cream, body soufflé, i'm not here i'm really, lotion, not soap radio, vacation | Leave a Comment »
Posted on October 11, 2011 by Anne
Get Fresh has brought back it’s oh-so-popular Blackberry Vanilla Scent in the form of the Warrior Princess line! We’re super excited about this here at BOAS because it’s definitely one of our favorite scents. What’s even better is that the packaging is ultra-girlie, vibrant and just plain pretty. Plus, the Warrior Princess line was designed to give back. Get Fresh is donating a portion of the Warrior Princess proceeds to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project, a wonderful charitable organization that helps our women and men in the military recover from the physical and psychological injuries they sustained while in uniform.
So, when you order some fabulous products you’re also helping out the men and women who defend our country. It’s a win-win situation!
Want other ways to be charitable while you shop? Check out our Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Products!
Filed under: Bath & Body, Fragrance, gifts, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Posted on September 1, 2011 by Anne
Kick off your Labor Day sales shopping with this awesome coupon from Beauty of a Site! Take 15% off ANYTHING in the store from today through Labor Day- Monday, September 5th! Enter the coupon code below (LABOR11) at checkout to claim your discount!
Not sure what to spend it on? With such a great discount, Labor Day Weekend is the perfect time to pamper yourself with some of our super luxurious products!
1. Choose Amika hair products for a nourishing blend of essential oils, including sea buckthorn berry oil (a favorite of Dr. Oz!) and argan oil (the main ingredient in the ever-popular Moroccan Oil range). These replenishing products are packed into Amika’s nourishing hair mask, designed to reinfuse your hair with moisture that makes it stronger and shinier – even guarding against split ends!
2. Soothe skin with Principessa’s decadent Dolce Dreams Whipped Body Lotion. Lavish and moisturizing, this shea-butter based lotion have a velvety finish sensationally silky, healthy skin. Plus it smells delicious: top notes of peach and vanilla flower, middle notes of night blooming jasmine and ylang ylang and bottom notes of sandalwood and warm amber
3. Treat yourself AND help a great cause: Get ready for October! Support Breast Cancer Awareness month by purchasing select haircare and cosmetic products that support great cancer research. A lot of our favorite brands donate huge amounts to these great organizations based on the products that you purchase!
Filed under: Bath & Body, Hair, Make-Up, Organic & Natural | Tagged: amika, coupon, dolce dream, essie, Hair, labor day, lotion, mask, october, pink, principles, sale, tigi cares, whipped | Leave a Comment »
Posted on July 7, 2011 by Anne
With celebs like Dr. Oz lovin’ on Sibu Beauty products, we’ve had all sorts of trouble keeping these incredible products on the shelves! Each formula includes rich nutrients and antioxidants, from real sea buckthorn berries, which assist in cellular rejuvenation, improve nervous system function, boost energy, improve skin complexion (yes, especially acne!) and provide your body with a rich source of Omega 3, 6, 7 and 9.
The most convenient (and most popular!) product that Sibu offers is the Cellular Support Antioxidant & Omega 7 Complex, a simple, safe dietary supplement which boasts all of the benefits of sea buckthorn berries, while even promoting healthy hair and nail growth. Totally preservative, gluten and dairy free, this supplement helps you feel, look and even think better, with one simple pill. We call that a winner!
We only have a few left in stock, so order yours RIGHT AWAY! Click here to do so!
Filed under: Bath & Body, Hair, Health, Organic & Natural | Tagged: antioxidant, cellular support, complex, daily supplement, dietary supplement, dr. oz, omega 7, sea buckthorn berries, sibu, sibu beauty, supplement | Leave a Comment »