Posted on December 13, 2012 by Anne
If you’re like me, you aspire to give gifts each year that are meaningful and specific to the person you’re shopping for. This Christmas the goal is to give a gift that is useful, enjoyable and most importantly, affordable!
For those of us with the best of intentions in our gift-giving, Kai has come to our rescue! The new Kai Travel Gift Set is a ready-to-go ideal customized gift!This six-piece travel set includes lavish body wash, luxurious bathing bubbles, soothing body lotion, a vial of Kai’s signature perfume, and two of Kai’s newest products (shampoo & conditioner).
For those new to Kai, this travel set is the perfect sampler! The best part about Kai products is that the scent smells different on every person! This gift is automatically customized to the person you give it to! Top it off with the very handy and reusable hemp bag, and you’ll be giving the most useful, thoughtful, and customized gift of the season!
Did I mention that Kai fans include Julia Roberts, Jennifer Garner, Charlize Theron and Reese Witherspoon. These celebs indulge in Kai… why wouldn’t this be the perfect gift?
Kai Travel Gift Set: $49 | Shop Now!
Filed under: Bath & Body, Celebrity Style, Fragrance, gifts, Holiday 2012, Kai, Skin Care | Leave a Comment »
Posted on May 3, 2012 by Anne
Summer Skin Care Tips
Brought to you by Ada Polla – CEO Alchimie Forever
While the first official day of summer is still almost two months away, as I sit in my hotel room in Miami (taking a quick break from the amazing Tuff Love Aveda / Neill hair show taking place this weekend) and watch the people lying out by the pool, the topic of summer skin care comes to mind.
My mother always told me that the change of seasons was the perfect excuse to do a deep cleaning of my house, more specifically of my closets. My father, on the other hand, always told me the change of seasons was the perfect time to take another look at my skin care products and skin care routine and adapt it accordingly.
How do late spring and summer affect our skin? Of course, sunburns come to mind. Sweating, heat rashes, and clogged pores are also typical concerns of warm weather skin care. Sunshine and higher temperatures also mean dresses, shorts, sleeveless tops, open toed shoes and flip flops…. Here is how I deal with warm weather skin:
- I switch to a gel-based cleanser. My skin type is pretty normal, and as is typical, I am dryer during the winter months and oilier during the warmer months. To get rid of all traces of sweat and to avoid clogged pores, I love a “squeaky clean” feel, and our Excimer purifying gel cleanser is perfect for that.
- I take cooler showers. Really, hot water, while delightful and relaxing, is not great for the skin, in any season. In warmer months, I find it easier to enjoy slightly cooler water, which is great to tighten pores, stimulate circulation (my Mom swears it is her daily cold showers that have given her her cellulite-free legs…), and give my hair some added shine.
- I make sure to exfoliate regularly, both face and body. I find that regular (aka twice weekly) exfoliation helps to keep my blackheads under control, and actually ensure a longer, more even sun-kissed look. While I don’t use self-tanner, exfoliation is indeed crucial prior to applying tanning lotion, to ensure it goes on smoothly and avoid streaks.
- I switch to a lighter moisturizer. Whether I am in DC or in New Orleans, there is plenty of moisture in the air starting April. While humidity can be awful for hair, it truly is wonderful for skin. Skin will absorb some of the moisture in the air, and as such, most skin types can benefit from a lighter moisturizer during the warmer months. Our Yttrium protective morning cream is particularly ideal and leaves a very matte finish on the skin.
- Sunscreen is a must. Indeed, while sunscreen is a must every day, it is a MUST when out by the beach, the pool, or the river. My father always recommended SPF 50+ on the face and body, and until we develop our own sunscreen, his favorite is LaRoche Posay’s Anthelios. He also taught me to avoid the sun between 11 am and 3 pm, and to be particularly careful when in the water, as sun gets reflected and is then twice a dangerous.
- Don’t forget your lips – they too are prone to sunburn. Whatever sunscreen you apply on the face, don’t avoid your lips or lip contours. And make sure you use a lip balm that contains an SPF.
- Don’t forget your eyes – sunglasses will help protect your eyes from the sun, and will help prevent squinting, which leads to wrinkles.
- Shorter dresses and arm-bearing tops mean that I am particularly conscious of my body. Our Alexandrite firming gel for neck and bust, and our Q-switch optimizing body contour gel take care of my upper and lower body respectively, preventing sagging and minimizing cellulite. Of course, a couple extra sessions of Barre3 will help more than any product…
- For many, summer means more frequent shaving. If you experience post-shaving irritation or ingrown hairs, remember to shave only after you have been in the shower for a few minutes (your hairs will be softer), to change your blade often, to exfoliate, and to shave with a cream-based product (shaving cream or hair conditioner work best).
- Don’t forget your feet – for me, open-toed shoes mean more frequent pedicures, but also dryer feet and the propensity to cracked heels. I use our 532nm antioxidant relief for hands and feet religiously every evening.
- Last but not least, hydrate from the inside out. With warmer weather comes more sweating, which means it is doubly important to drink those recommended 8 glasses of water per day. Emergen-C in my water helps it go down better…
Finally, my father always reminded me not only of what to do, but also of what not to do during the summer. Avoid photo-sensitizing products such as retinols (or use them less frequently), avoid laser treatments on tanned skin, and avoid stronger peels on tanned skin.
Happy bathing suit season!
Filed under: Alchimie, Alchimie Forever, Bath & Body, gifts, Health, Skin Care, Spring 2012, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Posted on April 13, 2012 by Anne
Skin An Apothecary
There is no better time than the present to get that Summer ready skin!
During the month of April, receive a FREE Poppy Sugar Glow Body Scrub with any $30 purchase at Beauty of a Site. This wonderful combination of sea salt based mixture of Grapeseed, Wheatgerm and Vitamins A and E oils will detox and nourish you dry and tired Winter skin!
While supplies last! Start shopping now!
Filed under: Skin An Apothecary, Skin Care, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Posted on March 6, 2012 by Anne
We love Alchimie Forever’s anti aging technology skin care line! Products such as the Excimer Purifying Gel Cleanser offer gentle anti aging formulas for all skins types utilizing the latest in anti oxidant technology! Spend $50 on any Alchimie purchase and receive a FREE full size bottle of Alchimie Forever’s Excimer Purifying Gel Cleanser a $41.00 value! We just love these products and we wanted to share the secret with everyone!
Filed under: Alchimie, Alchimie Forever, Anti Aging, New Products, Skin Care, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »