Posted on March 23, 2012 by Anne
We here at Beauty of a Site aresuper excited for the release of Hunger Games this weekend — anyone else with us? To celebrate, we’ve put together easy tips to steal actress Jennifer Lawrence’s off-camera glam.
We promise, these beauty tips are simple, danger-less and without need of physical stamina. Click Here to steal her look!
And don’t forget about your nails either! China Glaze just released a nail polish collection inspired by the film:
Get your China Glaze Hunger Games: Capitol Colours Nail Polishes HERE. This collection is limited edition, so get yours today!
Filed under: Celebrity Style, China Glaze, China Glaze, Hair, Nail Polish, Uncategorized | Tagged: celebrity style, china glaze, Hunger Games, nail polish, steal the look | Leave a Comment »
Posted on February 16, 2012 by Anne
For the month of February,
buy one China Glaze Crackle Glaze polish, GET ONE FREE!
(Check out our original swatches here, where we tested different layers and colors).
These colors are *especially* awesome over black. I suggest a matte black base coat under Broken Hearted, Fault Line and Crushed Candy, and a plain white base coat under Black Mesh. The contrast is incredible. Though all of the colors in this collection are amazing, my personal favorites are the following:
Click here to claim your BOGO deal today! To check out this deal and all of the other February specials, click here!
Filed under: Nails | Tagged: black mesh, broken hearted, buy one get one, china glaze, crackle, nail lacquer, nail polish | Leave a Comment »
Posted on March 20, 2011 by Anne
Congratulations, readers, you’ve made it! March 20th marks the first day of Spring 2011. Embrace the new season with Beauty of a Site!
1. Wear Green.
The most prominent sign of the new season is the hints of green popping up all over the country. Whether for your favorite St. Patty’s day party or just for celebrating the season, green celebrates new growth and new chances. It’s an essential part of your wardrobe!
Try OPI’s Don’t Mess with OPI, from the Texas Collection, Zoya’s Gemma, or China Glaze’s Starboard from Anchor’s Away, for a chic green hue.
2. Welcome Florals.
More than any other season, Spring has its very own smell. Even before the flowers start blooming, get rid of winter’s musty smell with fresh florals of your own!
Choose Kai’s Room and Linen spray for hawaiian-inspired freshness, or this lily-scented candle from Aunt Sadie!
3. Bring on the sun!
Warmer weather, short sleeves and flip flops are not far off. Prepare your skin for the challenge: scrub up, moisturize and bring on the bronze!
We suggest Cake’s Soothing Sugar Scrub, Get Fresh Rich Body Creme and at home tanning from St. Tropez.
Filed under: Bath & Body, Fragrance, Nails | Tagged: body creme, china glaze, Fragrance, green nail polish, nail lacquer, nail polish, opi, spring, st. tropez, sugar scrub, tanning | Leave a Comment »
Posted on February 12, 2011 by Anne
Featuring our favorite new Crackle Glaze shades, along with some classic China Glaze shades, try out these fun manicures for Valentine’s Day! Check out the descriptions before for instructions on achieving the look!
1. For a simple, classic and empowering magenta tinted red, choose China Glaze Red Pearl.
2. For a sheer pink glitter, apply three coats of China Glaze Mrs. Clause.
3. Capture the romance of the holiday by layering 1 coat China Glaze Red Pearl + 1 coat China Glaze Mrs. Clause top coat.
4. Now for some crackle! Apply 2 coats of Mrs. Clause. Allow base color to dry COMPLETELY before applying China Glaze Crackle Glaze Broken Hearted pink shatter nail lacquer. Here, we used a single coat of the crackle.
5. Switch it up! Apply a coat of Red Pearl and allow it to dry completely. Apply one coat of China Glaze Crackle Glaze Lightening Bolt white crackle polish.
6. For a thoroughly romantic look, stick to rosey hues. Apply two coats of Red Pearl (for a nice deep color) and, after it dries completely, apply a single coat of Crackle Glaze Broken Hearted.
Have fun girls! Don’t forget to order your Crackle Glaze polish here!
Filed under: Nails | Tagged: broken hearted, china glaze, crackle glaze, lightening bolt, mrs. clause, red pearl, shatter | Leave a Comment »
Posted on February 11, 2011 by Anne
You’ve heard of OPI’s Black Shatter polish, which is totally flying off the shelves. In response, China Glaze has released six new shatter-like crackle polishes with all of the creativity and quality of China Glaze behind them. Like the OPI Black Shatter polish, each Crackle Glaze color should be layered on a completely dry contrasting color for optimum effect. Swatches are below!
We tested out the Crackle Glaze top coats using a variety of base colors. The Crackle Glaze coats on the right are layered over China Glaze Recycle, pictured on the third chip from the top. The colors on the left are layered over China Glaze Empowerment (pink), Red Pearl (red) and Up All Night (navy). Note the dramatic effect achieved when the colors are contrasting. We had so much fun trying different combinations – you will too!
Click here to order Crackle Glaze lacquers today.
Check back tomorrow for custom Valentine’s Day swatches, to help you get a killer manicure ready for your big date!
Filed under: Nails | Tagged: black mesh, broken hearted, china glaze, cracked concrete, crackle glaze, crushed candy, fault line, lightening bolt, nail lacquer, nail polish | 6 Comments »
Posted on November 10, 2010 by Anne
Check out our one stop shop for beautiful, thoughtful and individualized gifts for everyone on your list. Sort gifts by type (stocking stuffers, for men, for home, for lovers, etc) or by price. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for you to find the perfect gift for the perfect people.
Click here to shop the holiday store now!
Here are some of our favorites to get your started:
1. DuWop Twilight Venom- Blush: For the vampire-loving girl in your life, treat her to a taste of eternal bliss with DuWop’s Twilight Venom Lip Plumper, $15
2. Rosie Jane Leila Lou Gift Set: Including candle, lotion and perfume oil in a precious package all with Leila Lou’s signature scent, $50
3. China Glaze Party Harty Nail Polish Gift Set: Get three shimmering Christmas-colored polishes for the price of only two! Packaged for easy gift giving, $13.
4. Not Soap Radio Say It with Suds Bath/Shower Gel – Merry Christmas: Skip the greeting card and give them something they can use! Including a Merry Christmas message, this bath and shower gel will keep them clean for months, $13.
5. Cake Beauty All About You Gift Set: Including Body Mousse, Shower Polish, and Shower Froth, this three piece set smells of vanilla and coconut, $40.
Filed under: Bath & Body, Fragrance, gifts, Make-Up, Nails | Tagged: all about you gift set, cake beauty, china glaze, christmas gift, duwop, holiday store, leila lou, not soap radio, rosie jane, twilight venom | Leave a Comment »
Posted on October 9, 2010 by Anne
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and Beauty of a Site is inviting you to join the fight by making one simple decision: shop pink! Some of our favorite brands have made their best selling products (that you already love!) available in pink versions to raise money for major breast cancer research and support organizations. The more we buy, the more money is raised for the cause!
Click here to browse all of the products that you can purchase to raise money for breast cancer! Here are some of our favorites:
1. China Glaze Fight Like a Woman Nail Polish Collection: Featuring three dazzling pinks to both raise awareness and support the cause, this new collection features Empowerment (cotton-candy creme), Encouragement (pink shimmer) and Endurance (raspberry shimmer). Available for a limited time only, order today!
2. Woody’s Real Men Wear Pink Daily Grooming Kit: The perfect way for a guy to join the fight! Featuring the pinkest boxers we could find, as well as a Woody’s Daily Shampoo and Woody’s Mega Firm Gel to help you rock your boxers in style! It’s like they say- it takes a real man to wear pink.
3. Tigi Bed Head Masterpiece “Pink” Shine Hairspray: One of our favorite “keep-it-right-there” hairsprays, Bed Head Masterpiece helps you capture your creativity and keep it where it needs to be, all day long. Bright pink and in support of the City of Hope, Masterpiece is perfect for October and any time.
Filed under: Hair, Make-Up, Nails | Tagged: breast cancer awareness, china glaze, encouragement, endurance, fight like a woman, masterpiece, pink, real men wear pink, tigi | Leave a Comment »
Posted on February 18, 2010 by Anne
Enjoy a new discount to save on any order placed in February! Make sure to enter the discount code “FEB2010″ at checkout. Offer is good through Sunday, February 21st, so hurry and shop now! Not sure what to use your coupon on? Here are some of our favorite products for February:
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: beauty of a site, china glaze, coupons, duwop, joico, moodswing, reconstrx, save, vaporiron | Leave a Comment »