Posted on April 23, 2010 by Anne
Happy Earth day to our fans and friends! Today reminded us about the importance of being green. Saving the Earth and caring for nature is something that we can do one step at a time. We have to remember that every step counts!
Looking for ways to take care of our planet? Here are just a few of our products who take caring for the Earth seriously:
1. Tigi Love, Peace and the Planet is a range of superior quality hair care products that make earth friendly packaging their number one priority. And not only does each eco-friendly bottle, tub or tube use only a minimal amount of synthetic material, but each product sports as many fresh and natural ingredients as possible. Hug a tree with every style! Click here to get started.
2. Get Fresh Santa Monica Lifestyle Reusable Shoppers feature fabulously stylish designs on strong, market quality tote bags. Save the earth using one less plastic bag at a time! These are reasonably priced and HUGE! Perfect for groceries. Click here to see them!
3. Organic Grooming is a men’s product line featuring incredible organic products that carefully consider the earth when producing and packaging their products. Many products, including their triple milled bar soap, uses completely biodegradable packaging, even printed in soy ink! Click here to see all of their products.
Filed under: Bath & Body, Going Green, Hair | Tagged: conditioner, cute, earth day, eco-friendly, get fresh, green, men, natural, organic, organic grooming, reusable shopper, shampoo | Leave a Comment »
Posted on April 20, 2009 by Anne
From special webcasts and tree plantings to energy workshops and picnics, people all over the world are taking action for Earth Day. There are so many ways to say “Thanks!” to the earth and spread the important message of environmental consciousness.
What are your plans for Earth Day? Wondering how to make a difference?
Here are a few easy ways to get involved and celebrate our planet:
- Organize an Earth Hour in your community. Get everyone you know to turn out their lights for an hour on Earth Day.
- Volunteer at a nature conservancy, local park, or even an elderly neighbors yard. Till the Earth while you till your benevolence!
- Learn about E-cycling and Free-cycle programs in your community. Share the information with friends and family.
- Find and join a tree planting event. These types of events are usually free and easy to find on Earth Day!
- Walk to work or wherever you can all day long. Leave your car keys behind and start strutting today to make an even bigger impact!
- Brown bag your lunch. Try to use as little wrapping as possible, recycle left over packaging, chose healthy foods and buy them locally.
These are just a few activities you can get involved in. Check out the Earth Day Network at www.earthday.net to find local and global events, activities, and other ways to make a difference.
Beauty of a Site wants to help you go green on Earth Day – check out these earth friendly products:
Get Fresh Eco Friendly Reusable Shopper
Principessa Aluminum Water Bottle
Organic Grooming (Earth-friendly formula & packaging!)
Filed under: Going Green, Organic & Natural | Tagged: green, organic | Leave a Comment »
Posted on April 8, 2009 by Anne
|Deemed “the bluer the better,” Essie’s new North Fork Collection is inspired by the colors of the sea. This three color cluster reminds us of a misty bay full of silvery sailboats, Curacao cocktails, and decadent docks.
The trifecta begins with “Greenport,” a salty, sea green with a dreamy aquamarine tint. This green is subtle and saturated with blue undertones that compliment darker skin tones and complexions.
“Sag Harbor,” the second in the collection, is also very blueish yet dominated by a silvery shine. This color is a perfect accessory to a white or light colored bathing suit!
(PS: This one is totally growing on us. It might end up being a staff favorite!)
The final shade in the new North Fork Collection is called “Shelter Island.” The bluest of them all, this sky colored lacquer is perfectly poised for any snazzy socialite or parsimonious personality. Radiant and full of color, “Shelter Island” gives you the opportunity to look your best and make a statement!
|The new North Fork Collection by Essie is now available at Beauty of a Site – check it out here!
Filed under: Nails | Tagged: blue, essie, green, nail polish | Leave a Comment »
Posted on March 17, 2009 by Anne
Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone! Here at Beauty of a Site we’re celebrating St. Patty’s day with everything green!
Color Club Lime Light
The Color Club Flower Power Neon Collection has one of the best greens we’ve ever found – Lime Light. This bright green shade is a ground shakin’ good time on St. Patty’s day and all throughout the swingin’ summer season.
Bed Head Big Fat Fun Eyeliner
Another great green we’ve found comes from the Tigi Bed Head Big Fat Fun Eye Liner Collection. This green eyeliner smudgie works wonders enhancing any eye color and compliments Tigi Bed Head Cyberoptics Eyeshadow in Vanilla or Natural.
And last, but certainly not least, our final green find comes from MOP – a fantastic line of hair care products that works wonders and leaves your hair feeling fresh and fabulous!
MOP Mixed Greens Shampoo
MOP’s Mixed Greens Shampoo and Conditioner contains cucumber, artichoke, and watercress as well as extracts of certified organic parsley and alfalfa. Tossed with certified organic olive oil and vinegar, dry hair won’t be hungry for moisture after a daily MOP treatment!
So when you’re feeling a little blue this summer, remember these greens and check out www.beautyofasite.com to find the best deals!
Filed under: Going Green, Hair, Make-Up, Nails | Tagged: green | Leave a Comment »
Posted on March 10, 2009 by Anne
During the month of March, Beauty of a Site is featuring a special give away with any Leonor Greyl purchase! Get a free travel sized Leonor Greyl Shampooing Creme Moelle be Bambou with any Leonor Greyl product purchase.
Click the image to start shopping!
Want to know a little more about this chic line of products?
Greyl’s high performance elements are delicate enough to use everyday yet comprehensively treat specific hair & scalp conditions. These powerful products are also made with natural formulas, plant extracts and can tout an eco-friendly recipe. Even after toning down her “Material Girl” lifestyle, Madonna still enjoys treating herself with this dexterous collection of hair care.
Beauty of a Site offers the full-line of Leonor Greyl products here. It is a focused collection of hair care products and there’s definitely one that will enhance the brilliance of your locks! You can also view a detailed profile of Leonor Greyl here.
Don’t forget to let us know what you think of your Beauty of a Site products!
Filed under: Hair | Tagged: green, Hair, leonor greyl, natural | Leave a Comment »
Posted on March 6, 2009 by Anne
Although my favorite way to utilize coconuts involves Margarita mix and those cute little umbrellas, I have found an even better way to celebrate and treat myself to an extra special skincare treat. Essie’s new Naturally Clean Collection Purifying Hand Wash is infused with the ultra rich and uber healthy coconut oil.
Did you know?
- Coconut oil is not only an anti-bacterial, its can be used as an anti-fungal and an anti-viral solution for problem areas on your skin. This is due to is unique properties that mimic the processes used by breast milk to protect babies from infection.
- Coconut oil stimulates your metabolism and aids in weight loss. Next time you’re at the grocery store pick up some macaroons, cream soups and crackers – they all contain a good amount of lauric acid (the good stuff found in coconut oil). If you’re feeling exceptionally frisky, try some coconut milk – it’s akin to the nuttier flavored soy milks but not sold in most supermarkets.
- Researchers are studying the beneficial effects of coconut oil in treating diseases such as HIV/AIDS, herpes, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholesterol, influenza and certain types of cancer.
- Coconut oil based products are effortlessly perfect for any skin. They serve as a great moisturizer as well as aid in the treatment of psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema. Finally, products containing coconut oil assist in your fight against aging, wrinkles, and sagging – the things we dread the most! Ah!
Essie Naturally Clean Purifying Hand Wash
Now that we know a little more about the advantages of coconut oil, it’s time to spring into action! Transitioning from winter to summer can dry skin out and cause unwanted, flaky irritations. We suggest trying Essie’s Naturally Clean Purifying Hand Wash – it’s new, it’s natural and it smells remarkable!
Got any other splendid natural products made with coconut oil? Leave a comment and let us know what works for you!
Filed under: Going Green, Nails, Organic & Natural | Tagged: coconut oil, essie, green, nail polish, natural | 4 Comments »
Posted on February 27, 2009 by Anne
2009 has already proven itself to be an expensive year for gifts – baby shower gifts that is. Having already exceeded my yearly allowance of trips to Toys R Us, I found myself wondering just how useful some of the more expensive baby items are for my mothers-to-be? How many times will you actually use an inflatable spout cover that looks like an octopus? Or is it just cute?
Bio Bio Baby Rice Starch
One item that I have found most mommies wanting in bulk is a wonderfully organic rice baby bath by Bio Bio Baby. Made in Italy from 100% natural starch rice, this baby bath softens, calms, and soothes baby’s skin and helps alleviate rashes. Whether it’s diaper rash or irritation from detergents, newborn baby’s skin requires the utmost care and a tender touch. What better way to help your friend with their new addition than to give her something she can really use!
Filed under: Baby, Bath & Body, Organic & Natural | Tagged: Baby, bath, green, imported, organic | 1 Comment »
Posted on February 23, 2009 by Anne
JR liggett's Original Shampoo Bar with Shelf
It’s usually a desperate moment when you’re using a bar of soap on your hair; but this trend in green products is beginning to make a mainstream impact. Products like JR Liggett’s Original Shampoo Bar is made from 100% all natural vegetable oils and is designed to clean your hair without using nasty, environmentally damaging detergents. Many shampoos not only negatively effect the environment with their plastic containers, they also contain carcinogenic azo dyes that contribute to the degradation of our everyday water supply. Furthermore, shampoo bars pack the punch of a 24oz. bottle in a conveniently small, easy to travel with size. Packaging is minimal and it’s absolutely safe to use on your animals as well – an added bonus for your furry friend and our mother Earth. So if you’re already a green living fanatic or if you’re just starting to go green, shampoo bars are a good and easy way to make your mind and body feel good about the products you’re using!
Filed under: Bath & Body, Going Green, Hair | Tagged: green, natural, organic, shampoo | Leave a Comment »