Posted on January 19, 2010 by Anne
In honor of the New Year, we’re all working to be more healthy. Here at BOAS, we’re using Acai Berry to help us do it!
This tiny red fruit (that this time last year none of us had ever heard of) has emerged as one of the most popular superfoods of the new year. Diet websites and nutrition gurus claim that the powerful antioxidant properties of the acai berry make it a superfood and an optimal ingredient in the weight loss process.
Scientists & nutritionists agree that acai berries are packed full of essential nutrients that help our bodies to function more efficiently. Though popping an acai berry supplement doesn’t make you lose 5 pounds overnight, perpetual intake of superfoods like the acai berry improve the way your body works, making digesting food, getting proper sleep and exercising all much easier tasks. We don’t know about you- but we’ll take all the help we can get!
With our busy lives, having a bag of acai berries in our pocket isn’t always the easiest way to access this superfood. Lucky, Pure Inventions has created a drink additive that can be added to water to help you get your daily dose of Acai Berry! Simply add it to water of any temperature for a shot of antioxidant power! Click here to check out this awesome drink!
Filed under: Health | Tagged: acai berry, acai palm, berries, diet, dietary supplement, Health, health drink, nutrition, supplement | 2 Comments »
Posted on August 27, 2009 by Anne
We were super excited when we discovered Pure Invention‘s tasty drink mixes & recipes! These antioxidant shots make any glass of water a health drink with their super concentrated drops of good-for-you ingredients, but when we found out we could make mixed drinks out of them, we couldn’t help but get pretty excited!
Here’s one of the staff’s favorites:
Malibu Bay Breeze
- Begin with a shaker filled with ice
- Add 3 full droppers of Cranberry with Elderberry Pure Inventions Green Tea Extracts
- Add 1 ½ droppers of Pineapple Coconut Pure Inventions Green Tea Extract to 8 oz. water
- Add 2 oz. of rum and shake
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a wedge of pineapple & a cherry
Delicious! There are so many more options! Check out all of the recipes here!
Click here to browse all of our Pure Inventions antioxidant drops. Nothing like an instant, tasty health drink!
Filed under: Health | Tagged: Health, health drink, mixed drink, pure inventions, recipe | 1 Comment »
Posted on April 1, 2009 by Anne
OPI Breathe Life
OPI has teamed up with the Lung Cancer Foundation of America to bring awareness to an ever-growing epidemic in America and a particularly lethal one for women. According to the LCFA, “Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer of women. It kills more than the 6 next largest cancer killers combined.” In order to impact both awareness efforts and research funding, OPI has created a color to remind us all of the importance of smoking prevention, education, and finding a cure. This new lacquer is entitled “Breathe Life” and is a beautiful and subtle silvery, blue-green color. Proceeds from the sale of “Breathe Life” are dedicated to programs that will assist with early detection, diagnosis, and most importantly, researching a cure.
With statistics like “85% of women diagnosed with lung cancer will die in 5 years or less,” we here at Beauty of a Site would like to encourage all of you to help make a difference in the lives of women across America. “Breathe Life” is available now on our website:
To learn more about the Lung Cancer Foundation of America visit: www.lcfamerica.org
Filed under: Health, Nails | Tagged: Health, nail polish, opi | Leave a Comment »
Posted on March 20, 2009 by Anne
“Are you tired, run-down, listless? Do you poop out at parties? Are you unpopular? The answer to all your problems is in this little bottle. Vitameatavegamin. Yes, Vitameatavegamin contains Vitamins, Meat, Vegetables and Minerals. Yes, with Vitameatavegamin, you can spoon your way to health. All you do is take a great big tablespoonful after every meal. Mmmmmmm….. It’s so tasty, too!”
( I Love Lucy- May 5th, 1952)
Lucy definitely had a way of making everything funny. But when it comes to choosing the right vitamins, it’s no laughing matter. With hundreds of brands, effects and concoctions, it’s not easy finding the right combination for your needs.
Vitamins are a great way to supplement your diet and exercise regiment, but which ones are right for you? Here at Beauty of a Site, we’re dedicated to providing you with fortified information regarding the vitamins we sell. Here are a few supplement-based products we recommend:
Nioxin Recharging Complex
Phythophanere provides you with a plethora of nourishing vitamins, essential fatty acids and antioxidants that promote healthy hair growth, strengthen nails, illuminate skin and fortify lashes. To view a detailed outline of Phytophanere click here!
Phytosolaire is specifically designed for those of you who enjoy the sun! This unique supplmentary formula is specifically designed to aid in sun-tanning as well as burn prevention. To learn more about Phytosolaire click here!
Nioxin Recharging Complex Vitamins are comprehensively awesome and target hair, nails, and skin rejuventation. To learn more click here!
Filed under: Vitamins & Nutrients | Tagged: Health, nioxin, phyto, supplements, vitamins | Leave a Comment »
Posted on March 19, 2009 by Anne
Summer’s coming and it’s time to get our bodies looking and feeling healthy! Here at Beauty of a Site, we drink lots of water and feel that it’s the best way to compliment your daily skincare and fitness routine! Now we all know that water helps rehydrate and restore our bodies, but here’s a few things we didn’t know:
Keeping hydrated helps your moisturizer work more effectively.
- A healthy person can drink up to 3 gallons (that’s 48 8oz. glasses) of water per day! But consuming large amounts of water in a short amount of time (especially during strenuous exercise) can lead to water intoxication. We recommend sticking to the old adage of eight, 8oz. glasses per day.
- Water boosts energy, aids in stabilizing and increasing your metabolism, and can definitely help with mid-day fatigue. Grab a glass in the afternoon, just before you usually hit your energy down-slope, and feel the difference!
- Water is what makes your favorite moisturizer work wonders! Water is the most vital element when it comes to skincare. Without it, the skin rejuvenation process would cease, cellular formation would significantly slow, and your figure would begin to look like a dried up Swamp Thing! Topical moisturizing is still recommended (we like Cor Silver Anytime Moisturizer), but coupling it with a tall glass of healthy H2O will guarantee its effectiveness.
- Tap water is just as good as bottled water! Bottled water is purified tap water, nothing more, nothing less. According to the Natural Resources Defense Council, “An estimated 75 percent or more of bottled water is really just tap water in a bottle—sometimes further treated, sometimes not.” With this kind of research, Beauty of a Site recommends sticking to the tap and finding a cute, reusable water bottle to compliment your lifestyle. We recommend the eco-chic Principessa Aluminum Water Bottle – it beats anything plastic and proceeds from its sales are donated to breast cancer research (awesome karmic bonus!).
- Water is the only substance on earth that transcends all three states of physical matter – gas, liquid, and solid. That’s mind blowing….but wait, the human brain is two-thirds water! ‘Nough said!
How do you incorporate a healthy dose of water into your day? Let us know and comment on this post!
Filed under: Health | Tagged: cor, Health, water | Leave a Comment »